Welcome to Tasty Tuesdays, a new ongoing series of blogs featuring delicious healthy recipes which are simple and easy to make.
We created this section to the website to help promote healthy food habits which are accessible to everyone whilst providing new and interesting alternatives to your weekly mealtimes.
So, our first recipe is 'Easy Fish Pie', a versatile dish which is great for families, groups of friends and even toddlers.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook: 45 mins
300g potatoes, halved
250g skinless fish fillets (salmon/cod/ plaice) or a mixture
1 leek, finely sliced
2 tbsp chopped parsley
2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 200℃ (180℃ fan / gas mark 6), chop the potatoes and add to a saucepan. Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 10-15 mins, until tender and mash with a little milk.
- Put the fish in a shallow saucepan and pour over the milk. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 mins. Drain the fish, reserving the milk, then set aside.
- Heat half the margarine in a medium saucepan, add the leek, then cook for 5-6 mins until softened.
- Stir in the flour for 1 min, then remove from the heat.
- Gradually add the milk, stirring well between each addition.
- Return to the heat and stir until the sauce comes to the boil. Simmer for 2 mins, then stir in the parsley and mustard.
- Flake the fish into large chunks, fold into the sauce, then place in a small ovenproof dish.
- Smooth the mashed potatoes over the fish and bake for 20-25 mins until the potatoes are golden and the sauce bubbling at the sides.
We hope you enjoy! Each week we'll be uploading new and exciting recipes for you to try, so keep your eyes peeled on our blog page.
If you're looking to manage your weight and balance your diet, or learn more about what influences your food choices consider booking onto our 'Weight, Lets Manage It' workshop. Find out more about our other health and wellbeing workshops on The Bubble website.
(recipe modified from bbcgoodfood)