This is a perfect family friendly recipe which is easy to make meaning you can get the children involved! How about having a pizza decorating competition?
Pitta pizzas are such a great lunch or snack, they only take about 10 minutes to make, can be really balanced, and depending on your child's age they can help to make the pizzas by putting on the toppings themselves.
Ingredients (makes 6)
4 wholemeal pitta breads
2 tbsp of Tomato puree
3 tbsp water
100g cheese (mozzarella and cheddar work well) (can buy dairy free cheese to make these dairy free)
Selection of pizza toppings of your choice, some ideas – sliced mushrooms, chopped pepper, sweetcorn, tuna, ham, pineapple, cherry tomatoes, spinach leaves, olives.
1. Chop your favourite veggies!
2. Pop the grill on.
3. Warm up the pittas in the toaster for around 10 seconds
4. Mix the puree with water and stir well
5. Spread the tomato puree on the pittas
6. Put on your toppings evenly over the pitta
7. Sprinkle over your cheese evenly over the top
8. Pop under the grill for 5 minutes or so, or until they have browned and the cheese has melted.
And there you have it, a fake-away packed with veggies and ready in 10 minutes!