A quick & easy recipe to make a delicious, hearty lunch everyone will enjoy.
Prep: 5 mins
Makes: 6 bowls
- 1 ½ cups rice
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded, about 3 to 4 cups
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes (sliced) or salsa
- 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup guacamole
- ⅓ cup sour cream
1. Cook rice according to package directions on the stovetop or rice cooker
2. Prepare your burrito bowl toppings by transferring them into bowls
3. Heat your rotisserie chicken and shred the meat, using two forks and on a cutting board, into smaller pieces (Substitute chicken for a meat-free option if you'd prefer, such as sweetcorn or olives)
4. Fill serving bowls with cooked rice, top with shredded chicken, tomato or salsa, and desired toppings to build 6 bowls - if you're packing up for lunch, pack the guacamole and sour cream into separate mini sauce containers to be added to the bowls prior to eating.
5. For a grain-free bowl, use shredded lettuce instead of rice.
Please visit the recipes section of our blog every week for more nutritious meals and food ideas. If you're looking for tips and useful advice on nutrition and dieting, or to sign up to one of our health and wellbeing workshops visit The Bubble and the Healthbox website.