This is a tasty Italian tray bake made with Turkey meatballs and Garlic Bread, optionally served with a side salad or a portion of Spaghetti!
- 350g turkey mince
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 2 x 400g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 large, chopped onion
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 4 garlic bread sticks, chopped into chunks
- 150g ball mozzarella
- 25g grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
Optional: Green salad or spaghetti to serve on the side.
- Combine the mince and oregano into a bowl and roll the mixture into walnut sized balls. Heat half the oil in a large pan and cook the meatballs until brown all over. Once browned, transfer to a plate and heat the oven to 200c/ 180c/ gas 6.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan and add the onion until softened for approximately 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic for another minute, then add the tomato puree, sugar and chopped tomatoes into the same pan and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Once simmered for 10-15 minutes, place the turkey meatballs on top of the sauce, then add the mozzarella, garlic bread chunks and the cheddar cheese on top. Bake for 15-20 minutes in the oven until golden and crisp.
Recipe adapted from: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/meatball-garlic-bread-traybake