This easy teriyaki chicken recipe is simple to make and tastes even better than a takeaway! You can have it on the table and ready to eat in just over half an hour, making it perfect for a weeknight meal.
Prep time: 5-10mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 1 Onion
- 2 chicken thighs
- Soy sauce 1.5 tbsp
- Ginger 2 slices
- Sesame oil 1 tbsp
- Vegetable oil 1tbsp
- Honey (optionable)
- Broccoli (or any veg really)
- Rice 200g
- Firstly, prepare the rice in the pan ready for it to be boiled and steamed in the pan.
- Heat the frying pan with vegetable oil and add the onions with a sprinkle of salt.
- Cut the chicken in strips and season with salt and pepper.
- Once the onions have cooked and become soft, add the chicken and simmer in the pan, put the lid on the pan and leave for 20 minutes, whilst stirring regularly then add the ginger when the chicken is cooked but not yet fully, simmer for another 10 minutes or until it is fully cooked.
- Bring a pan to boil and cook the broccoli.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked (cut it to check), bring the heat to low and add the soy sauce, sesame oil, and honey.
Please visit the recipes section of our blog every week for more nutritious meals and food ideas. If you're looking for tips and useful advice on nutrition and dieting, or to sign up to one of our health and wellbeing workshops visit The Bubble and the Healthbox website.