Vegan Chilli Tofu Veg ‘Noodles’ (Serves 2)
This weeks recipe is delicious vegan 'noodles', served with Chilli tofu. Quickly prepared in just 15 minutes, you'll be enjoying this nutritious treat in no time!
- 200g firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 10 sprays olive oil
- 1 red Chilli, finely sliced
- Thumb-sized fresh grated ginger
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 courgettes (320g), finely sliced into ‘noodles’
- 1 carrot (160g), finely sliced into ‘noodles’
Optional: Add your preferred seasoning to the dish and serve alongside additional vegetables.
1) Heat the spray oil in a non-stick pan and cook the tofu for 4-5 minutes, turning regularly until golden. Once golden, add the garlic, ginger, and half the spring onions and chilli, then cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
2) Add the courgette and carrot ‘noodles’ to the pan and cook for another 2-3 minutes, whilst tossing regularly. Stir the sesame oil, lime juice into the pan and then divide into 2 dishes. Add the remaining spring onion and chilli to the top and serve.
And just like that, with only 15 minutes and 2 easy steps you have a nutritious meal for two. We hope you enjoy this tasty Vegan treat as much as we do!
Recipe adapted from: https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/chilli-tofu-veg-noodles/
Please visit the recipes section of our blog every week for more nutritious meals and food ideas. If you're looking for tips and useful advice on nutrition and dieting, or to sign up to one of our health and wellbeing workshops visit The Bubble and the Healthbox website.