Youth Mental Health First Aid Training – 2 Day England Course
We are now proud to deliver the Mental Health First Aid Accredited Youth Mental Health First Aid course.
According to Mental Health First Aid England (2021) record levels of young people are struggling. Academic pressure, social media, bullying, poverty, lack of availability of professional mental health support – all have been named by various sources as contributing to this epidemic of poor mental health in our young people.
This course is suitable for anyone who works with, lives with or supports young people aged 8-18. The course will equip you with the skills and confidence to spot the signs of mental health issues in a young person, offer first aid and guide them towards the support they need and in order to help speed up the young persons recovery and reduce the chances of a mental health issue getting worse.
How are the sessions delivered?
The training is typically delivered over 2 days but can also be delivered virtually and split into 4 half days, making it easier to commit to alongside your other day to day tasks.
The training is a mix of videos, independent learning and group work.
Each participant will have their own workbook to work their way through for the duration of the course and a manual that you will be able to take away with you afterwards.
What will you gain from Mental Health First Aid Training?
- An in-depth understanding of young people’s mental health and factors that affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to reassure and support a young person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help a young person recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s through self-help sites, their place of learning, the NHS, or a mix – engaging with parents, carers and external agencies where appropriate
- Ability to support a young person with a long term mental health issue or disability to thrive
- Tools to look after your own mental wellbeing
Why choose Healthbox CIC?
- Our training is delivered by experienced and qualified trainers
- Unique, interactive and engaging training techniques
- This course can be booked directly through our qualified mental health practitioners at a time, date and venue to suit you
- The course can be adapted to be bespoke to the specific needs of the group
Share this on your social platforms:
This lentil pasta is delicious, nutritious and so simple to make – it’s also full of low cost ingredients, making it a budget friendly healthy family recipe. The rich tomato sauce tastes incredible with the kick of spice, whilst the celery and carrots add a sweet crunch. You can batch cook the sauce and add it to lasagne or pile it high on top of jacket potatoes.